[gpm] Suspend button disappeared from menu

Hi,

I am using gnome-power-manager on a desktop system (= without
battery). And I have two problems:

1. I had an option "Suspend" (or "suspend to ram") when I right
clicked on the gpm icon in the tray. It disappeared a few days and I
have no idea why. The button "Suspend" disappeared also from shutdown
menu. I think suspend failed once, and I am missing this option since
than.

I checked the FAQ for some info, and this give me lshal and gconf:

root desktop:/var/log/packages# gconftool-2 -R
/apps/gnome-power-manager | grep can
can_hibernate = true
can_suspend = true

root jingle/var/log/packages# lshal | grep can_suspend
 power_management.can_suspend = true  (bool)
 power_management.can_suspend_hybrid = false  (bool)
 power_management.can_suspend_to_disk = false  (bool)
 power_management.can_suspend_to_ram = true  (bool)

I dont use suspend to disk, but just suspend to ram. It is working
great when I run in the shell, but for some reason gpm does not offer
me this option any more.

2. I have two tabs in the preferences: "Running on AC" and "General".
I set "Put computer to sleep when is inactive for:" to "Never", but my
computer still automatically suspends after 1-2 hours.

That means that I am missing the "Suspend" option in the menu, but it
still suspends automatically after some time ....

Like a proof for this, here is a line from /var/log/messages from today:
Jun 10 20:17:02 jingle gnome-power-manager: (mm) Rechner wird in
Bereitschaft versetzt da Systemleerlauf

It is in German, but it says: Computer will be suspended because of inactivity

I hope some of you have an idea what is going on ...

Thanks.

M.