Re: [gpm] Suspend button disappeared from menu

On Mon, 2007-06-11 at 01:31 +0200, Ma Begaj wrote:
> 1. I had an option "Suspend" (or "suspend to ram") when I right
> clicked on the gpm icon in the tray. It disappeared a few days and I
> have no idea why. The button "Suspend" disappeared also from shutdown
> menu. I think suspend failed once, and I am missing this option since
> than.

Have you updated any packages in the last few days? What distro is this?

> I checked the FAQ for some info, and this give me lshal and gconf:
>
> root desktop:/var/log/packages# gconftool-2 -R
> /apps/gnome-power-manager | grep can
>  can_hibernate = true
>  can_suspend = true

Can you pls attach the output of gconftool-2
-R /apps/gnome-power-manager

> root jingle/var/log/packages# lshal | grep can_suspend
>   power_management.can_suspend = true  (bool)
>   power_management.can_suspend_hybrid = false  (bool)
>   power_management.can_suspend_to_disk = false  (bool)
>   power_management.can_suspend_to_ram = true  (bool)
>
> I dont use suspend to disk, but just suspend to ram. It is working
> great when I run in the shell, but for some reason gpm does not offer
> me this option any more.

Sure, sounds like a bug.

> 2. I have two tabs in the preferences: "Running on AC" and "General".
> I set "Put computer to sleep when is inactive for:" to "Never", but my
> computer still automatically suspends after 1-2 hours.

I've not heard of this before - could you please file a bug in gnome
bugzilla and we can debug this there. Thanks.

> I hope some of you have an idea what is going on ...

Maybe. :-)