[gpm] Demand Response

Hello,
"In electricity grids, demand response (DR) refers to mechanisms to manage the demand from customers in response to supply conditions, for example, having electricity customers reduce their consumption at critical times or in response to market prices." -Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demand_response

I am interested in knowing if anyone has considered adding this capability to Gnome-Power-Manager.  It would need to be location aware amongst other things.

And if not, how difficult do you think it would be to implement?

(I would be using some sort of web-based communication with the utility, instead of any communication over the power lines.)

Thank You,
Bryan