Re: [gpm] gnome-power-manager failing to suspend

On Dec 5, 2007 8:52 AM, Richard Hughes <hughsient gmail com> wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-12-05 at 03:46 +0100, David Durrleman wrote:
> > When I left click the gnome-power-manager icon and select suspend,
> > nothing happens and a notification immediately appears saying "Your
> > computer failed to suspend".
>
> What does:
>
> dbus-send --system --print-reply \
> --dest=org.freedesktop.Hal /org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/computer \
> org.freedesktop.Hal.Device.SystemPowerManagement.Suspend int32:0

As a normal user, it does nothing and errors out:

Error org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.AccessDenied: A security policy in
place prevents this sender from sending this message to this
recipient, see message bus configuration file (rejected message had
interface "org.freedesktop.Hal.Device.SystemPowerManagement" member
"Suspend" error name "(unset)" destination "org.freedesktop.Hal")

As root, it suspends the computer and returns:

method return sender=:1.0 -> dest=:1.19
   uint32 0

I guess it means that my dbus configuration is too restrictive? I use
the default configuration on gentoo, though.

--
David