[gpm] Privilege of GPM

Hi, Richard and all
As I know, GPM uses PolicyKit to implement permission control for users.
I take "hibernate" as an Example. If a user wants to perform the action of hibernate, GPM will invoke "gpm_control_allowed_hibernate" to determine whether the current user has the permission to do that. In "gpm_control_allowed_hibernate", GPM will invoke "gpm_polkit_is_user_privileged" to get the answer according to the PolicyKit policy. But from the working diagram of PolicyKit(http://webcvs.freedesktop.org/hal/PolicyKit/doc/spec/polkit-arch.png?revision=1.1), the permission checking should really occur within HAL service implementation while not in GPM code. GPM also invodes "power_management.can_hibernate" to know whether the kernel supports this action , this is not related with permission checking.
My questions here are:
1. Is there any permission checking in HAL?
2. Does GPM plan to implement that kind of permission checking like http://webcvs.freedesktop.org/hal/PolicyKit/doc/spec/polkit-arch.png?revision=1.1?

Regards

Jeff