Re: [gpm] Still updating "utopia"?

On Tue, 2006-09-19 at 20:26 -0500, Paul Johnson wrote:
> I'm not seeing any updates for FC5 in the Utopia RPM server, even
> though there are newer test versions of gnome-power-manager.  Will
> there be updates?

Short answer: sorry, no.

Long answer: For HEAD we need updated versions of gtk+ - which is a big,
big change. Also if we compile with the newest libnotify, a newer
libnotify.so is required (due to the presence of GtkStatusIcon) which
means re-compiling most of the GUI applications on the desktop...

I am however building the RPM's for Fedora Test releases which I can
upload if anyone wants to play with them. I myself am currently using
FC6T3 on my main study (and development) machine which seems to be rock
stable and full of the newest stuff.

If you do use g-p-m 2.17.2 on your FC6T3 machine you get all the cpu
frequency goodness and the UI improvements. As soon as FC6 is released,
then I'll start building daily packages like I did before.

So, bad news and good news. Hope that helps.