[gpm] Debugging gnome-power-manager

I'm running Ubuntu 6.06 on an HP DV2050 laptop, and am having problems
with gnome-power-manager.  I was hoping to get some feedback on what
information to include in a bug report.

The behavior I'm seeing is demonstrated by the panel applet.  While the
tooltip consistently reports an accurate charge level, the icon
frequently shows an empty battery+plug, even when running on a
completely charged battery.  The tooltip will report down to 1% of the
battery remaining, but the low-power warning will never pop up (indeed,
I've accidentally let it run down completely on more than one occasion
where I wasn't paying attention).  Is there anything I should include in
a bug report besides a description of the symptoms?

Thanks,

Nathan