Re: [gpm] Gentoo system doesn't hibernate

Richard Hughes schrieb:
On Tue, 2006-09-19 at 01:09 +0200, Alexander Skwar wrote:
Why can I not hibernate the system? What kind of error occurs?

Try:

killall hald
/usr/sbin/hald --daemon=no --verbose=yes --retain-privileges]

(you might not need --retain-privileges if you have a newish hal)

And try to hibernate or suspend. It could be hal can't find the script
to run.

Hm. Nothing is printed when I click on hibernate in the GPM dialog.

Alexander Skwar
--
How do you explain Wayne Newton's POWER over millions?  It's th' MOUSTACHE
...  Have you ever noticed th' way it radiates SINCERITY, HONESTY & WARMTH?