[gpm] Gentoo system doesn't hibernate

Hello.

I'm using Gnome 2.16 and gnome-power-manager 2.16.0 on a Gentoo Linux system.
When I click on System -> Power off -> Hibernate, I only get an error message
in the lower right hand corner of the screen:

	Ruhezustand-Problem
	HAL konnte Ruhezustand nicht ausführen. Besuchen
	Sie die FAQ Seite für Lösungen bei häufigen Problemen

And in syslog, I get:

Sep 19 01:06:49 blatt gnome-power-manager: (alexander) Computer in den Ruhemodus versetzen weil die DBUS Hibernate()-Methode wurde aufgerufen
Sep 19 01:06:49 blatt gnome-power-manager: (alexander) Wecke Computer auf

But nothing at all happens.

When I was using Ubuntu, I found that one of the scripts in
/usr/share/hal/scripts (namely hal-system-power-hibernate) gets
run when I wanted to hibernate the system.

But on Gentoo, this doesn't happen (I added "logger 1" to the
beginning of the file and do NOT get this message in syslog).

I'm using hal-0.5.7.1 and dbus-0.62.

Why can I not hibernate the system? What kind of error occurs?

Thanks a lot,

Alexander Skwar
--
"But don't you worry, its for a cause -- feeding global corporations' paws."