[gpm] GNOME Power Manager 2.17.1
- From: Richard Hughes <hughsient gmail com>
- To: GnomePowerManager List <gnome-power-manager-list gnome org>
- Cc: gnome-announce-list gnome org, GNOME TranslationProject <gnome-i18n gnome org>, gnome-doc-list gnome org
- Subject: [gpm] GNOME Power Manager 2.17.1
- Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 21:08:20 +0100
GNOME Power Manager is a session daemon that makes it easy to manage the
power on your laptop or desktop system.
This _unstable_ release contains lots of new features since 2.16.0 was released.
2.16.1 will be released in the next couple of weeks as a bugfix to 2.16.0
Released September 18, 2006
- Add processor frequency scaling support. Requires HAL 0.5.8.
- Create a new class to handle a managed proxy, i.e. a DBusGProxy that
automatically does sane things with bus disconnects, or service restarts.
- Add libguniqueapp shared library support. This is optional.
- Update yelp images to reflect 2-16 and generally pretify the help xml.
- Add in the debug option so we can easier debug g-p-m. Now adding the
options --debug=power --debug=manager will only display the gpm-power
and gpm-manager debug output.
- Move to power measurement in percentages in the spec to better suit low
power laptops and OLPC.
- Allow power users to turn off the disconnect and reconnection feature of
NetworkManager on sleep and resume using gconf.
(Khashayar Naderehvandi) #353431
- Add /apps/gnome-power-manager/session_request_save so distros like
Ubuntu can just switch a gconf key rather than patch the source.
- Start to implement org.gnome.PowerManager.Statistics for the
out-of-process graphing interface. It actually doesn't do much yet.
- Use DPMS_METHOD_OFF when we specify "default" for the DPMS action when on
laptop hardware. Suspending the screen keeps the backlight on. #354726
- Fix a couple of small memory leaks where we don't free the icon name.
- Don't rescan buttons every minute. This task belongs in HAL. #356170
- Remove eggtrayicon support. This means we depend on GTK+ 2.10. #356150
- Fix hotplug add and remove of wireless mice.
- Don't express the decimal point for the / 7 csr scale
- Remove the broken battery FIXME. It's breaking more laptops that it was
intended to fix and also breaks my old iBook. #334212
- Fix some small memory leaks. (Paolo Borelli). #352858.
- Update the UI to be task-centric, rather than state centric. This is
required now the preferences tool is starting to become a bit cleverer.
- Add elements in the UI to prevent g-p-m from modifying the brightness
on AC state change. Also add in the UI for the keyboard light sensor
but disable it for now. #356085
- Make sure that session connection is not NULL at startup. #353769.
- Adam Weinberger (en_CA)
- Ani Peter (ml)
- Ankit Patel (gu)
- Daniel Nylander (sv)
- David Lodge (en_GB)
- Elnaz Sarbar (fa)
- Esteve Blanch Sanmartí (ca)
- Hendrik Brandt (de)
- Ilkka Tuohela (fi)
- Ivar Smolin (et)
- Jovan Naumovski (mk)
- Leonid Kanter (ru)
- Paweł Marciniak (pl)
- Rhys Jones (cy)
- Satoru SATOH (ja)
- Theppitak Karoonboonyanan (th)
- Woodman Tuen (zh_HK)
- Woodman Tuen (zh_TW)
] [Thread Prev