Re: [gpm] Missing Icons

On Mon, 2006-10-30 at 08:17 -0500, Nathan R. Yergler wrote:
> For a while gnome-power-manager wasn't displaying my battery status
> correctly, so I built and installed 2.17.1 (I believe) myself, which
> corrected the problem.  When I later went back to the Ubuntu Edgy
> package, the icons all seem to be missing; I just have a white box with
> a red X instead of the battery icons.  I'm assuming something is
> pointing in the wrong direction thanks to my brief foray into self-built
> packages.  I've tried to do a "complete removal" and "reinstall" of the
> Ubuntu package, but still have the problem.  Any suggestions on why this
> might be happening and what I can do to correct it?

Hmm. Sounds like you might have different versions of stuff floating
around. I guess you want to do a "complete removal" of g-p-m, and also
manually delete any gpm-* icons in /usr/share/icons/*/* and also any
gnome-power-* files in /usr/bin/.

Then you'll need to re-install from the ubuntu archive, and make sure
you regenerate your gtk-icon-cache, if the ubuntu package doesn't do
this for you.

Hope that helps,