Re: [gpm] Power Manager Upgrade

Hi all,

>From my point of view, the new interface is a big improvement. It let's
you customize all the power settings. I think that it should be
available for the users to select how their laptop will behave.

What i see in David Zeuthen's email is another issue. Non power users
just want a simple thing to fiddle width. The best compromise i can
imagine is power profiles:

The user would have on the first tab, a list of profiles that set a
default for all options:

- Maximize battery
- Maximize performance
- Balance battery and performance
- Presentation
- Custom

and so on.

All these profiles could be reached from the tray icon as well.

This would be a neat enhancement, that probably is not to hard to
achieve, and would provide the compromise between the power user and the
regular Joe.

Bye,

Alfredo Matos.