Re: [gpm] FC5 troubles: how do acpi, pm-utils, and gnome-power-manager fit together?

Hi,

Paul Johnson wrote:

I wish Andrew would share his list of modules, so I could get an idea
of how serious I have to get about this.

Well, my list of modules is a little long, as it dates back to the 2.6.12 or even 2.6.11 days, and I've not really cleaned it up. Pulling them isn't hurting, so I've been lazy about that. That being said,

SUSPEND_MODULES="uhci_hcd button ieee1394 ohci1394 pcmica_core  \
rsrc_nonstatic yenta_socket"

I am pretty sure the usb (uhci_hdc does NOT need to be modprobe -r) but as I said...

You might be a better idea what's going on by doing a dmesg after the resume as it will give you a good idea as to if the module was unloaded/reloaded.

You can also check what kernel messages are on vt63 by doing (as root) a
chvt 63

(As you know, ctrl-alt-f7 to return to the desktop)

Bottom line is that the suspend/resume handling of drivers is a lot better now, so you really might not need the 3945 module listed, but the dmesg anything on vt63 would be a good sign of that.

Andrew

Andrew