[gpm] Display Brightness doesn't MAX

I'm currently running Fedora Core 5 with sony acpi drivers. The issue is
when the AC is plugged in the display brightness does not reach the max
100% which is 8. Instead the Gnome Power Manager sets it to 7. I have my
settings set to where it would do 100% display brightness while running
on AC. When switching to Battery it's fine and does a complete 0%
reduction of display brightness according to my settings. Only issue is
with AC display brightness adjustment. I have to manually do:

echo "8"> /proc/acpi/sony/brightness