Re: [gpm] Re: Brightness cairo display thing

On Thu, 2006-03-30 at 21:41 +0100, Matthew Garrett wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 30, 2006 at 09:27:56PM +0100, Richard Hughes wrote:
>
> > Should the new dialogue appear when a policy change in brightness (like
> > going from ac->battery) happens, or just on user keypress?
>
> Just user keypress, I think. We should already be getting the events
> from those.

I've added what you wanted in g-p-m HEAD, which was really easy to add
in the current infrastructure. It works really well for me. Shout it if
doesn't work right for you.

There's a two second timeout on the window auto-closing, maybe you could
tell me what the sound dialogue defaults to. Thanks.

Screenshot attached.

Richard.

----

2006-03-30  Richard Hughes  <richard hughsie com>
 * src/gpm-feedback-widget.{c|h}, src/Makefile.am, src/gpm-manager.c:
Add new class for a feedback widget just like gnome-settings-daemon used
to do.
 * data/gpm-feedback-widget.glade, data/Makefile.am: Add the UI, taken
from the acme part of gnome-settings-daemon.
 * po/POTFILES.in: Add these new files to be translated.

2006-03-31  Richard Hughes  <richard hughsie com>
 * src/gpm-manager.c, src/gpm-brightness.{c|h}, src/gpm-marshall.list:
Emit a signal when we are stepped up or down, catch this signal and show
the new feeback widget.
 * src/gpm-feedback-widget.c: Do some simple refcounting on the timeouts
so we only close the widget on the last timeout.
 * data/icons/48x48/Makefile.am, data/icons/48x48/gpm-brightness.png,
src/gpm-stock-icons.h: Add this new file as a logo for the brightness
popup. Waiting for a new SVG from Diana at the moment, so I've re-used
the old g-s-d one.