Re: [gpm] Broken Bios

On 3/25/06, Richard Hughes <hughsient gmail com> wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-03-24 at 23:10 -0600, David Berg wrote:
> > Could someone help me out with what I need to modify to make g-p-m
> > ignore the state?
>
> Hmm. What is the make and model of your laptop? We should remove the
> "button" capability in HAL if the hardware is known busted on that
> model, then g-p-m will be unaware of the lid completely.

It is a Linux Certified 2210D which is built with a Uniwill 245II0 --
I still need to file a bug report with the manufacturer.

> Does the lid event work properly in Windows? We should try and fix the

I haven't owned a Windows liscense since 2000, and haven't loaded it
since before then so I really have no idea.  Perhaps I'll try to get a
hold of a live CD for the purpose of testing hardware.

> root cause if at all possible, so that things "just work".

I'd love to get it working properly.  If you can tell me where to
start looking, I'd be happy to.

--Dave