Re: [gpm] gpm and suspend2

Richard Hughes wrote:
In case you don't know the architecture, g-p-m calls a Hibernate()
method on HAL, and then hal runs the hal-system-power-hibernate script.
This in turn runs the correct hibernate command for your distro.

Or more likely the *incorrect* command if your suspend2-patched kernel is not distro-standard. I reported earlier that things were working like a dream on my Fedora laptop, but forgot that I needed to edit one of these scripts to get it working. On my Fedora box, hal-system-power-hibernate calls /usr/sbin/pm-hibernate, so I edited /usr/sbin/pm-hibernate to call /usr/sbin/hibernate from the suspend2 tools.

I don't think either HAL or the vendor-supplied script (pm-hibernate) is to blame here. Fedora doesn't ship a suspend2 kernel, so its fair that their hibernate script doesn't do suspend2 hibernation. Change the kernel and you need to change the script accordingly.

So this is all a long way of saying Richard is right that "The last step is probably where you are having the problems." Examine hal-system-power-hibernate to see what distro-specific hibernate command it is using and either change that command or the hal-system-power-hibernate script to do the right suspend2 stuff instead.