Re: [gpm] gpm and suspend2

On Sun, 2006-01-22 at 10:40 +0000, davidstew ihug com au wrote:
> I have been uding GPM for a couple of months now and have just upgraded to gpm-
> 0.3.4
>
> I cannot get hibernate to work using a Software Suspend2 patched kernel.
>
> Distro: Gentoo
> Kernel version is suspend2-sources-2.6.15
>
> Latest hal, dbus.
>
> I am trying to hibernate using the gpm menu option.
>
> If I run the hibernate command from /usr/sbin/hibernate then suspend works.
>
> NOTE: GPM has never worked for me with suspend2

Okay, what does "dbus-monitor --system" display when you try to
hibernate?

Do you have the correct commands listed in hal-system-power-suspend and
hal-system-power-hibernate?

In case you don't know the architecture, g-p-m calls a Hibernate()
method on HAL, and then hal runs the hal-system-power-hibernate script.
This in turn runs the correct hibernate command for your distro.

The last step is probably where you are having the problems.