Re: Planning details

On Wed, 2004-10-06 at 15:06 -0400, Tim Ney, GNOME Foundation wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-10-05 at 22:23 -0400, Owen Taylor wrote:
>
> >  Schedule:
> >
> >   What hours do we have the rooms?
>
> Registration will be on Saturday morning from 9 - 10 am in the
> lobby.
>
> http://live.gnome.org/Boston2004_2fTheSchedule
>
> We have three rooms reserved for the event.
>
>       * The Kirsch auditorium [Room 123]on Saturday and Monday
>         (10:00-1:30 or so; Saturday, 2:00-5:30 pm Monday).
>
>       * Two approximately 50 seat classrooms (rooms 124 and 144) all
>        three days.

I guess what I was asking was what hours is the building to be
open ... when will we be kicked out?

> > What hours are we going to man
> >   the information table? Who is going to do that?
>
> There will be a university staff person to answer general questions
> at the information desk in the building.  GNOME volunteers (some
> still needed) will handle the registration/t-shirt table.

Do you have an approximate idea of how many person-hours are needed?
I can ask in the desktop team for people to volunteer for a few hours.

> >  Supplies:
> >
> >   There are chalkboards in the hall, presumably also in the classrooms.
> >   Need to make sure that we have chalk.
>
> There is chalk and an eraser available next to one of the chalk boards.
>
> >  Equipment
> >
> >   Do the classrooms have power to the seats? If not, we need to come up
> >   with a bunch of power strips.
>
> Power strips with 6 - 12ft cords would be very useful. The classrooms
> have a fair number of outlets on the walls, but the auditorium has
> circular floor air vents instead of electrical power.  The common
> areas have some outlets, but power strips would come in very handy.

I'll see if we can round up a few around here.

> >  Driving directions / Parking
>
> MIT Map - Bldg. 32
> <http://whereis.mit.edu/map-jpg?mapterms=stata&mapsearch=go>
> There is free parking (no gates) next to the building in the East Annex
> Lot between the Stata and Bldg. 68.

"East Annex Garage" on the map? Is this permit parking during the
week and free weekends/holidays?

> >  Restaurants
> >
> >   http://live.gnome.org/Boston2004_2fNearbyRestaurants is short on
> >   lunch places. Might be good to have information at least on which
> >   direction people should walk to find a place.
>
> Good idea, we can also run through that at the Welcome Session at 10 am
> on Saturday morning.

OK, if we have that figured out by Saturday morning, I can transcribe
to the Wiki before lunch.

Regards,
						Owen