Re: Planning details

On Tue, 2004-10-05 at 22:23 -0400, Owen Taylor wrote:

>  Schedule:
>
>   What hours do we have the rooms?

Registration will be on Saturday morning from 9 - 10 am in the
lobby.

http://live.gnome.org/Boston2004_2fTheSchedule

We have three rooms reserved for the event.

      * The Kirsch auditorium [Room 123]on Saturday and Monday
        (10:00-1:30 or so; Saturday, 2:00-5:30 pm Monday).

      * Two approximately 50 seat classrooms (rooms 124 and 144) all
        three days.

> What hours are we going to man
>   the information table? Who is going to do that?

There will be a university staff person to answer general questions
at the information desk in the building.  GNOME volunteers (some
still needed) will handle the registration/t-shirt table.

>  Supplies:
>
>   There are chalkboards in the hall, presumably also in the classrooms.
>   Need to make sure that we have chalk.

There is chalk and an eraser available next to one of the chalk boards.

>  Equipment
>
>   Do the classrooms have power to the seats? If not, we need to come up
>   with a bunch of power strips.

Power strips with 6 - 12ft cords would be very useful. The classrooms
have a fair number of outlets on the walls, but the auditorium has
circular floor air vents instead of electrical power.  The common
areas have some outlets, but power strips would come in very handy.

>   Projectors? It would be good to have projectors in the classrooms -
>   unless they have built-in projectors we need to bring them. We can
>   most likely provide one from Red Hat.

All three rooms have built-in projectors with touch screen controls.
The auditorium will have an A/V person during the hours of use on
Saturday morning and Monday afternoon.

>  Driving directions / Parking

MIT Map - Bldg. 32
<http://whereis.mit.edu/map-jpg?mapterms=stata&mapsearch=go>
There is free parking (no gates) next to the building in the East Annex
Lot between the Stata and Bldg. 68.

>  Restaurants
>
>   http://live.gnome.org/Boston2004_2fNearbyRestaurants is short on
>   lunch places. Might be good to have information at least on which
>   direction people should walk to find a place.

Good idea, we can also run through that at the Welcome Session at 10 am
on Saturday morning.

> What else?

There will be a limited edition of Summit souvenir t-shirts for sale.

tim