Re: Current status (birthday supported?)

On Tue, May 17, 2011 at 5:16 PM, Matt Davey <mcdavey mrao cam ac uk> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, 2011-05-11 at 08:11 +0800, Oon-Ee Ng wrote:
>> Thanks Matt,
>>
>> A follow-up question, I'd assume that supporting birthdays is a matter
>> of upgrading the vCard version supported (I'm assuming that's the
>> internal format)?
>
> No, supporting birthdays is a matter of rewriting the
> "address-conduit.c" conduit to use the pilot-link "Contacts" API instead
> of the original "Address" API.  The PalmOS 5 release introduced Contacts
> and changed the API, and database format, from the original AddressDB
> format.
>
> Matt

Ah, much more involved then. Nothing in gnome-pilot processes
ContactsDB, then? Jpilot uses ContactsDB as well as AddressDB
(selectable), I've taken a look at their structures, but have no idea
on gnome-pilot internals. I suppose both projects are basically in
maintenance mode due to PalmOS deprecation, though?