Re: help with Palm Tungsten e2 in Debian 5.0

On Fri, Jan 15, 2010 at 3:41 PM, Fernando A. Rodriguez
<ferchurodriguez gmail com> wrote:
> 2010/1/14 L <yuanlux gmail com>:
>> On Fri, Jan 15, 2010 at 12:12 PM, Fernando A. Rodriguez
>> <ferchurodriguez gmail com> wrote:

>>> --
>>>
>>> I mean that I have Jpilot installed
>>> I have pilot-xfer pilot-link installed.
>>>
>>> I'd read in another forums that you have to bind /dev/ttyUSB0 to
>>> /dev/pilot but "/dev/ttyUSB0" doesn't exist
>>>
>>> if I do
>>> ln -s /dev/ttyS0 /dev/pilot or ttyS1
>>> chmod 666 /dev/ttyS0
>>>
>>> jpilot return
>>
>> after you plug E2 and turn on, you can check what device was registered by
>>
>> at a terminal,
>>
>> dmesg
>>
>> this will show you what is your E2 device
>>

>>> #pi_bind error: /dev/pilot Argumento inválido
>>> #Revise su puerto serial y sus opciones
>>> #Saliendo con estado SYNC_ERROR_BIND
>>> #Finished.
>>>
>>> there's no much about how to sync Tungsten E2 :s
>>>

>> --
>> http://etvillage.blogspot.com/
>>

> Thanks I get Success!!!!
> I did this steps
> 1) plug the palm and press the hotsync button
> 2)while the palm is trying to sync, you can see that /dev/ttyUSB0 appears
> 3)ln -s /dev/ttyUSB0 /dev/pilot
> 4)press again the button sync and then sync your jpilot.

most likely, your device is registered as /dev/ttyUSB0 when plug in
and turn on. if this is case, you can configure it at jpilot

start jpilot,

File -> Preferences -> settings -> Serial Port

select /dev/ttyUSB0

you don't need to do ln -s every time