Re: Any updates to fix syncing problems?

Hi Tom,

On Fri, 2010-04-23 at 12:04 -0500, Tom Stone wrote:
> I have been hoping that some fixes might appear to the known syncing
> problems for USB and Bluetooth.
>
> I still cannot reliably sync using USB because of conflicts with
> modemmanager and networkmanager trashing the USBTTY devices.  After
> extensive hunting, I found that the networkmanager people put it in
> the bug list but it isn't a high priority for them and it has
> languished.
>
> I still cannot use Bluetooth to sync with my Palm TX because the fix
> for Bluetooth crashing hasn't made it into the released code.  It only
> is made available as a patch with no instructions on how to patch the
> code.  I am not a linux guru and have not been able to figure out how
> to implement the patch.

Can you point me to the specific patch you are talking about?  Also,
which version of linux are you using.  I don't have much time to spend
on gnome-pilot these days, but I might be able to help out.

> I know Palm OS devices are a dead end product line but there some of
> us that want to extend the life of these great devices because they
> work well.

Like most people, I've moved on from Palm for day to day use, but I do
have a fondness for them.  The PalmV was near perfect for my use and it
doesn't look like I'll ever have a phone with anything like its battery
life!

Matt