Any updates to fix syncing problems?

I have been hoping that some fixes might appear to the known syncing problems for USB and Bluetooth.

I still cannot reliably sync using USB because of conflicts with modemmanager and networkmanager trashing the USBTTY devices.  After extensive hunting, I found that the networkmanager people put it in the bug list but it isn't a high priority for them and it has languished.

I still cannot use Bluetooth to sync with my Palm TX because the fix for Bluetooth crashing hasn't made it into the released code.  It only is made available as a patch with no instructions on how to patch the code.  I am not a linux guru and have not been able to figure out how to implement the patch.

I know Palm OS devices are a dead end product line but there some of us that want to extend the life of these great devices because they work well.

Any help would be appreciated.

With regards,

Tom Stone