Re: Problems syncing calendar and addressbook with Treo 680

Hello Matt-

On Fri, Nov 20, 2009 at 8:31 AM, Matt Davey <mcdavey mrao cam ac uk> wrote:
> Hmm,
>
> That's pretty strange.  Is that the sum total of gpilotd output?  If
> not, please send more complete output.
>
> I presume you've configured the conduits via the configuration applet,
> and specified which addressbook and calendar to sync with?

Below is a full log from gpilotd from an attempt to sync. I ran the
config applet to confirm that the conduits were all disabled except
for the ECalendar one. It is set to "Synchonize" with a one time
action of "Copy from PDA". I have created a custom calendar called
"Treo680" in Evolution and have selected it as the destination. I
plugged in the Treo and ran sync from the sync app. When I had more
enabled, others (ie Memo) did work properly, I have all my memos in
Evolution.

I did search the WARNINGS in the output, but nothing insightful came up.

> Could it be caused by this issue:
> http://lists.pilot-link.org/pipermail/pilot-link-devel/2009-October/001782.html
> Can you do "pilot-xfer -p usb: -l" and see if DatebookDB exists, for
> example?

OK, I ran this:

$ pilot-xfer -p usb: -l |tee /tmp/pilot-xfer-l.out
$ grep -i date /tmp/pilot-xfer-l.out
   Datebk3HDB
   DatebookDB
$

So it appears to be there. Datebook is version 4.5.1.1P, is 171K, and
has 2791 records (from Info), which I don't think is *that* big.

Thanks for the help, I'm willing to help debug of course, let me know
if you need any other information.

Chris

gpilotd-Message: gnome-pilot 2.0.17 starting...
gpilotd-Message: compiled for pilot-link version 0.12.3
gpilotd-Message: compiled with [VFS] [USB] [IrDA] [Network] [Bluetooth]
gpilotd-Message: Activating CORBA server
gpilotd-Message: bonobo_activation_active_server_register = 0
gpilotd-Message: Watching Treo680 (usb:)
gpilotd-Message: Client seems ok
gpilotd-Message: Client seems ok
gpilotd-Message: monitor_on(pilot_name="Treo680",client_id =
IOR:010000001b000000...)
gpilotd-Message: corba:
notify_on(event_type=CONNECT,callback=IOR:010000001b000000...)
gpilotd-Message: corba:
notify_on(event_type=DISCONNECT,callback=IOR:010000001b000000...)
gpilotd-Message: Shutting down devices
gpilotd-Message: Rereading configuration...
gpilotd-Message: Watching Treo680 (usb:)
gpilotd-Message: Found 4766, 0001
gpilotd-Message: Using net TRUE
gpilotd-Message: Found 0502, 0736
gpilotd-Message: Using net TRUE
gpilotd-Message: Found 091e, 0004
gpilotd-Message: Using net TRUE
gpilotd-Message: Found 115e, f100
gpilotd-Message: Using net TRUE
gpilotd-Message: Found 082d, 0100
gpilotd-Message: Using net FALSE
gpilotd-Message: Found 082d, 0200
gpilotd-Message: Using net TRUE
gpilotd-Message: Found 082d, 0300
gpilotd-Message: Using net TRUE
gpilotd-Message: Found 0c88, 0021
gpilotd-Message: Using net TRUE
gpilotd-Message: Found 0830, 0001
gpilotd-Message: Using net TRUE
gpilotd-Message: Found 0830, 0002
gpilotd-Message: Using net TRUE
gpilotd-Message: Found 0830, 0003
gpilotd-Message: Using net TRUE
gpilotd-Message: Found 0830, 0020
gpilotd-Message: Using net TRUE
gpilotd-Message: Found 0830, 0031
gpilotd-Message: Using net TRUE
gpilotd-Message: Found 0830, 0040
gpilotd-Message: Using net TRUE
gpilotd-Message: Found 0830, 0050
gpilotd-Message: Using net TRUE
gpilotd-Message: Found 0830, 0060
gpilotd-Message: Using net TRUE
gpilotd-Message: Found 0830, 0061
gpilotd-Message: Using net TRUE
gpilotd-Message: Found 0830, 0070
gpilotd-Message: Using net TRUE
gpilotd-Message: Found 0830, 0080
gpilotd-Message: Using net TRUE
gpilotd-Message: Found 04e8, 8001
gpilotd-Message: Using net TRUE
gpilotd-Message: Found 04e8, 6601
gpilotd-Message: Using net TRUE
gpilotd-Message: Found 054c, 0038
gpilotd-Message: Using net TRUE
gpilotd-Message: Found 054c, 0066
gpilotd-Message: Using net TRUE
gpilotd-Message: Found 054c, 0095
gpilotd-Message: Using net TRUE
gpilotd-Message: Found 054c, 009a
gpilotd-Message: Using net TRUE
gpilotd-Message: Found 054c, 00c9
gpilotd-Message: Using net TRUE
gpilotd-Message: Found 054c, 00da
gpilotd-Message: Using net TRUE
gpilotd-Message: Found 054c, 00e9
gpilotd-Message: Using net TRUE
gpilotd-Message: Found 054c, 0144
gpilotd-Message: Using net TRUE
gpilotd-Message: Found 054c, 0169
gpilotd-Message: Using net TRUE
gpilotd-Message: Found 12ef, 0100
gpilotd-Message: Using net TRUE
gpilotd-Message: setting PILOTRATE=57600

(gpilotd:13681): gpilotd-WARNING **: An error occurred while getting
the PDA's system data

(gpilotd:13681): gpilotd-WARNING **: error -201 from pi_close.
gpilotd-Message: setting PILOTRATE=57600
gpilotd-Message: Device Treo680 has 0 events
gpilotd-Message: corba: orbed_notify_user, notifications->connect.size
= 1, id = Treo680
gpilotd-Message: Client appears to be disconnected...

(gpilotd:13681): gpilotd-WARNING **: orbit_daemon_glue.c:1488
Exception: IDL:omg.org/CORBA/COMM_FAILURE:1.0

gpilotd-Message: removing monitor on Treo680 for IOR:010000
gpilotd-Message: Instantiating 1 conduits...
ecalconduit-Message: in calendar's conduit_get_gpilot_conduit

gpilotd-Message: Instantiated 0 backup conduits, 0 file conduits, 1
other conduits
gpilotd-Message: HotSync button pressed, synchronizing PDA
gpilotd-Message: PDA ID is 3049233860, name is Treo680, owner is chris
gpilotd-Message: Pilot has 0 entries in restore queue
gpilotd-Message: Pilot has 0 entries in conduit queue
gpilotd-Message: Base ContactsDB-PAdd is to be ignored by sync
gpilotd-Message: Base CalendarDB-PDat is to be ignored by sync
gpilotd-Message: Base AddressDB is to be ignored by sync
gpilotd-Message: Base DatebookDB is to be ignored by sync
gpilotd-Message: Base AddressPhones_en_US is to be ignored by sync
gpilotd-Message: Base __sysPhoneContacts-PmPp1.jpg is to be ignored by sync
gpilotd-Message: Base Addr Category Ringtones is to be ignored by sync
gpilotd-Message: Base ContactsANIndex-PAdd is to be ignored by sync
gpilotd-Message: Base ContactsBDIndex-PAdd is to be ignored by sync
gpilotd-Message: Base AddressCitiesDB is to be ignored by sync
gpilotd-Message: Base AddressCompaniesDB is to be ignored by sync
gpilotd-Message: Base AddressCountriesDB is to be ignored by sync
gpilotd-Message: Base CalendarLocationsDB-PDat is to be ignored by sync
gpilotd-Message: Base AddressStatesDB is to be ignored by sync
gpilotd-Message: Base AddressTitlesDB is to be ignored by sync
gpilotd-Message: Base Txn Log 50416464 is to be ignored by sync
gpilotd-Message: Synchronization ended