Re: Gnome-Pilot and Ubuntu Jaunty

Hi Daniel,

On Fri, 2009-05-08 at 14:18 +0200, Daniel CLEMENT wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I would like to share the result of some testing under Ubuntu 9.04
> (Jaunty).
[...]
> Now for the only a slight drawback I found. The first sync was OK but I
> had no visual feedback, because I had forgotten to add the Pilot applet
> icon to the taskbar. Once added, I do get a progress bar for the sync
> operation. But, the icon is invisible! Not that I miss it that much, but
> isn't it the only way to trigger a restore operation (from the context
> menu)?

Did you find that Bluetooth only worked the first time, and then you
have to restart gnome-pilot?

There are open Ubuntu bugs for both these issues.

The bluetooth bug is here:
  https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/373507
I suspect it is caused by pilot-link bug #1872 for which a patch is
available.

The applet bug is caused by a change to one of the gnome libraries and
I've posted a patch to the ubuntu bug here:
  https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/349650
This bug contains a patched .dsc so you may be able to compile it up
yourself.

Matt

Matt Davey		Man by nature wants to know.  -- Aristotle
mcdavey mrao cam ac uk