Re: I seem to be getting two copies of gpilotd started (xubuntu 8.10)

Hi Chris,

On Tue, 2009-02-03 at 17:37 +0000, Chris G wrote:
> I'm running gpilotd to synchronize a Treo 680 with Evolution under
> xubuntu 8.10.
>
> I installed the gpilot package in the normal way using synaptic and it
> works OK, the only problem was that no applet icon appeared in the
> xfce panel.
>
> So I installed XfApplet which allows gnome applets to be put in the
> Xfce panel and installed gpilot-control-applet with it.
>
> That worked too, I can now see the gpilot daemon applet in the xfce panel.

So far so great.

> However :-), when I start the system up now an error box pops up
> saying "Cannot run druid if PDAs or devices already configure".  This
> sounds as if it's saying I'm trying to start two gpilotd processes,
> how can I prevent this?

There had to be a 'however'!
That error should only occur if you run gpilotd-control-applet with the
"--druid" option after configuring gnome-pilot.  When you have the error
window on the screen, what output do you get from running "ps auxww |
grep gpilotd" from a terminal window?

Matt

Matt Davey	         "Madam, I had a wonderful evening, but this
mcdavey mrao cam ac uk           wasn't it."  --  Groucho Marx.