I seem to be getting two copies of gpilotd started (xubuntu 8.10)

I'm running gpilotd to synchronize a Treo 680 with Evolution under
xubuntu 8.10.

I installed the gpilot package in the normal way using synaptic and it
works OK, the only problem was that no applet icon appeared in the
xfce panel.

So I installed XfApplet which allows gnome applets to be put in the
Xfce panel and installed gpilot-control-applet with it.

That worked too, I can now see the gpilot daemon applet in the xfce panel.

However :-), when I start the system up now an error box pops up
saying "Cannot run druid if PDAs or devices already configure".  This
sounds as if it's saying I'm trying to start two gpilotd processes,
how can I prevent this?

--
Chris Green