Re: Treo 680 sync with Ubuntu 8.10

Hi Keith,

On Wed, 2008-11-05 at 12:01 +0000, Keith Burdon wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have recently upgarded to Ubuntu 8.10. I now find that I cannot sync
> my Treo 680 which did sync Ok in Ubuntu 8.04.

If you check the list archives, you will see a post this week from David
Liu with your exact problem:
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-pilot-list/2008-November/msg00000.html

The fix requires a patch to the gnome-pilot package shipped by Ubuntu.
I have added my comments to Ubuntu bug 282491:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-pilot/+bug/282491

I suggest Ubuntu users subscribe to that bug to be alerted when a
patched package is available.

A workaround is to stop hald, restart gnome-pilot, and then restart
hald:

In a terminal window:
sudo /etc/init.d/hal stop
killall gpilotd
/usr/bin/gpilotd &
sudo /etc/init.d/hal start

Matt

Matt Davey        Many hands make light work - but
mcdavey mrao cam ac uk 	Too many cooks spoil the broth.