Treo 680 sync with Ubuntu 8.10

Hi

I have recently upgarded to Ubuntu 8.10. I now find that I cannot sync my Treo 680 which did sync Ok in Ubuntu 8.04. I wish to sync with Evolution. I am using all the software which comes with Ubuntu 8.10. I have tried everything that I can find on the Ubuntu forums but still no luck. I would be grateful if you have any suggestions.

I would also point out that i am very new to Linux and would be grateful if any instructions/suggestions you provide assume no knowledge

Regards

Keith Burdon