Re: Which Palms work well?

As regards gnome-pilot support, I don't believe there are many models
with reported problems.  The Lifedrive is certainly one exception.  If
you identify a model you're interested in getting, try searching this
list's archives.

Many of the difficulties lie in problems on the desktop side that cause
problems for almost all devices.  To make sure you don't get hit by
those problems, look for a model that can support bluetooth or network
hotsync (bluetooth sync is supported by gnome-pilot since 2.0.16).

The other main type of problem is bugs and incompleteness in the
conduits.  For example, the Evolution conduits don't yet support syncing
of birthdays or photos in the addressbook.  If you get an old palm model
you won't have support for birthdays or photos in the addressbook
either, but I don't know if you'd consider that 'working better' with
gnome-pilot!

Matt