Restoring from backup

Hi,

My question might look simple but I couldn't find an answer in web
pages.

I've used gnome-pilot (with applet and evolution) for months, it's
configured to make backup at every hotsync, but I realize now I don't
know how to restore files from these backups, after :/ a hard reset of
my Palm (TX).

My backup-conduit file is like this:
[Pilot_1936]
backup_dir=/home/mich/pim/palm/backup
updated_only=true
remove_deleted=false
no_of_backups=3
exclude_files=

In gpilotd-control-applet, backup conduit is enabled, but the "one time
action" combo offers no choice but "None".

I tried to restore (after a hard reset) with
pilot-xfer, but it fails on many files.

Could you help me ?

----
TIA,