Re: Pilot synch issues

Le mercredi 12 septembre 2007 à 09:59 +1000, Andrew Greig a écrit :
> > Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 09:32:07 +0200
> > From: Frederic Crozat <fcrozat mandriva com>
> > Subject: Re: Pilot synch issues
> > To: "The PalmOS&lt; tm&gt;  integration pacakge"
> > 	<gnome-pilot-list gnome org>
> >
> > Le mardi 11 septembre 2007 ? 08:55 +1000, Andrew Greig a ?crit :
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I have now installed Mandriva 2007 PWP on a spare hard disk. Clean
> > > install - no dual boot, no errors reported. Installed evolution-pilot
> > > via urpmi (Disk 4) and set up Synchronisation options as usb(Radio
> > > button) usb: and a speed of 57600.  No synch and connection timed out.
> >
> > I don't see the point in testing with 2007.0, anyway. And also make sure
> > you have the latest kernel available as update for 2007.0.
>
> It just seemed the quickest way to get a clean slate. And no worries
> about data loss as it was not my main drive.

But you are still not running with all bugfix / security update, on both
of your system. You haven't the latest evolution bugfix update for
2007.1.

> > > What now, please?
> >
> > How about running pilot-xfer -p usb: -l while logged as a user (while
> > making sure gpilotd is not running) and try to run sync on your Palm and
> > see what pilot-xfer says ?
> bash-3.1$ pilot-xfer -p usb: -l
>
>    Listening for incoming connection on usb:...
>
> No response to hot synch button.

Did you ensure visor module didn't get loaded on your system
(with /sbin/lsmod) when after you pressed sync ? (it should but it is
best to ensure that) .

Did you switch back your PalmDrive to non Drive mode ?

> > And it would be great if you could reply to your emails when you post a
> > follow-up, so threading is kept.
> I apologise for that.  When I was working in the 2007 drive I had no access to the thread, but it seemed there was much to cut and paste from the console.
> I will confine myself to replies from this drive (2007.1) from now on.

Still broken.

--
Frederic Crozat <fcrozat mandriva com>
Mandriva