Re: Pilot synch issues

Le mardi 11 septembre 2007 à 08:55 +1000, Andrew Greig a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I have now installed Mandriva 2007 PWP on a spare hard disk. Clean
> install - no dual boot, no errors reported. Installed evolution-pilot
> via urpmi (Disk 4) and set up Synchronisation options as usb(Radio
> button) usb: and a speed of 57600.  No synch and connection timed out.

I don't see the point in testing with 2007.0, anyway. And also make sure
you have the latest kernel available as update for 2007.0.

> Some other observations: When I switch my Palm LifeDrive to Drive Mode,
> it gets picked up in 2007 and I am offered the opportunity to open a
> browser window to view the contents of the drive (it emulates a thumb
> drive).  This does not happen in 2007.1 (In 2007.1 I need to mount it as
> sda1 manually).  Also my camera is picked up in 2007 but not this way in
> 2007.1, although Digikam still finds it.

This is irrelevant to your initial problem. You should focus on one
problem at a time.

> I have had assurances that the libusb system works straight out of the
> box from Mandriva 2007 on. This is not my experience.

And it should also work in 2007.1.

> I put my user number in the uucp group.  Still no good.

There is no need to do so. You should revert that.

> What now, please?

How about running pilot-xfer -p usb: -l while logged as a user (while
making sure gpilotd is not running) and try to run sync on your Palm and
see what pilot-xfer says ?

And it would be great if you could reply to your emails when you post a
follow-up, so threading is kept.

--
Frederic Crozat <fcrozat mandriva com>
Mandriva