Re: z22 not syncing anymore

Hello,

On Fri, 2007-09-07 at 21:08 +0200, Tom Billiet wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a problem that my palm z22 won't sync anymore with gnome-pilot.
> It used to work, but for some reason an update broke it...

Update which OS/distro, from what version to what other?

> I've been trying to find the problem, but I really can't find it. I
> also tried to switch from the visor kernel module (that's what I used
> to use and worked) to libusb, but also no progress. I think the
> problem is somewhere that the z22 makes 2 usb connections (USB0 and
> USB1), and at the moment you hit the sync button he creates USB3 and
> USB4 in favor of USB0 and USB1, gnome-pilot get's very confused of
> this behavior.
> So this is what I get with libusb. I start gpilotd, connect palm, give
> it some seconds and hit the sync button (I always needed to give it a
> couple of seconds, otherwise it wouldn't work)

This sounds vaguely like the behavior with my Treo 700p.  With this
device I cannot get visor to work at all.

With libusb, I need to control the timing very carefully: if I hit
hotsync on the Palm two to five seconds before the computer starts
listening, it works.  Less than two seconds before, or more than about
ten seconds before (never checked this timing precisely), or Palm after
computer, and it fails.  And by "fails" the gpilotd or pilot-xfer goes
into some kind of infinite loop as you described and needs to be killed.
So try a few different timings before/after and see if anything works.

It's easiest to check this by pausing the gpilotd daemon (kill it if
it's infinite-looping), and check the timing of something simple like
"pilot-xfer -p usb: -l".

Also, make sure it's not reloading the visor module, which would
interfere with libusb.

I have no idea what's actually happening which makes it fail/succeed...

Hope this helps,
-Adam

http://www.take6.com/albums/greatesthits.html