z22 not syncing anymore

Hi,

I have a problem that my palm z22 won't sync anymore with gnome-pilot. It used to work, but for some reason an update broke it...
I've been trying to find the problem, but I really can't find it. I also tried to switch from the visor kernel module (that's what I used to use and worked) to libusb, but also no progress. I think the problem is somewhere that the z22 makes 2 usb connections (USB0 and USB1), and at the moment you hit the sync button he creates USB3 and USB4 in favor of USB0 and USB1, gnome-pilot get's very confused of this behavior.
So this is what I get with libusb. I start gpilotd, connect palm, give it some seconds and hit the sync button (I always needed to give it a couple of seconds, otherwise it wouldn't work)

output of dmesg:
usb 2-1: usbfs: USBDEVFS_CONTROL failed cmd pilot-dlpsh rqt 194 rq 1 len 2 ret -108
usb 2-1: new full speed USB device using ohci_hcd and address 17
usb 2-1: USB disconnect, address 17
usb 2-1: new full speed USB device using ohci_hcd and address 18
usb 2-1: device descriptor read/all, error -62
usb 2-1: new full speed USB device using ohci_hcd and address 19
usb 2-1: USB disconnect, address 19
usb 2-1: new full speed USB device using ohci_hcd and address 20
usb 2-1: device descriptor read/all, error -62
usb 2-1: new full speed USB device using ohci_hcd and address 21

output of gpilotd:
gpilotd
gpilotd-Message: gnome-pilot 2.0.15 starting...
gpilotd-Message: compiled for pilot-link version 0.12.1
gpilotd-Message: compiled with [VFS] [USB] [IrDA] [Network]
gpilotd-Message: Activating CORBA server
gpilotd-Message: bonobo_activation_active_server_register = 0
gpilotd-Message: Watching z22 (usb:)
gpilotd-Message: Found 4766, 0001
gpilotd-Message: Using net TRUE
gpilotd-Message: Found 0502, 0736
gpilotd-Message: Using net TRUE
gpilotd-Message: Found 091e, 0004
gpilotd-Message: Using net TRUE
gpilotd-Message: Found 115e, f100
gpilotd-Message: Using net TRUE
gpilotd-Message: Found 082d, 0100
gpilotd-Message: Using net FALSE
gpilotd-Message: Found 082d, 0200
gpilotd-Message: Using net TRUE
gpilotd-Message: Found 082d, 0300
gpilotd-Message: Using net TRUE
gpilotd-Message: Found 0c88, 0021
gpilotd-Message: Using net TRUE
gpilotd-Message: Found 0830, 0001
gpilotd-Message: Using net TRUE
gpilotd-Message: Found 0830, 0002
gpilotd-Message: Using net TRUE
gpilotd-Message: Found 0830, 0003
gpilotd-Message: Using net TRUE
gpilotd-Message: Found 0830, 0020
gpilotd-Message: Using net TRUE
gpilotd-Message: Found 0830, 0031
gpilotd-Message: Using net TRUE
gpilotd-Message: Found 0830, 0040
gpilotd-Message: Using net TRUE
gpilotd-Message: Found 0830, 0050
gpilotd-Message: Using net TRUE
gpilotd-Message: Found 0830, 0060
gpilotd-Message: Using net TRUE
gpilotd-Message: Found 0830, 0061
gpilotd-Message: Using net TRUE
gpilotd-Message: Found 0830, 0070
gpilotd-Message: Using net TRUE
gpilotd-Message: Found 0830, 0080
gpilotd-Message: Using net TRUE
gpilotd-Message: Found 04e8, 8001
gpilotd-Message: Using net TRUE
gpilotd-Message: Found 04e8, 6601
gpilotd-Message: Using net TRUE
gpilotd-Message: Found 054c, 0038
gpilotd-Message: Using net TRUE
gpilotd-Message: Found 054c, 0066
gpilotd-Message: Using net TRUE
gpilotd-Message: Found 054c, 0095
gpilotd-Message: Using net TRUE
gpilotd-Message: Found 054c, 009a
gpilotd-Message: Using net TRUE
gpilotd-Message: Found 054c, 00c9
gpilotd-Message: Using net TRUE
gpilotd-Message: Found 054c, 00da
gpilotd-Message: Using net TRUE
gpilotd-Message: Found 054c, 00e9
gpilotd-Message: Using net TRUE
gpilotd-Message: Found 054c, 0144
gpilotd-Message: Using net TRUE
gpilotd-Message: Found 054c, 0169
gpilotd-Message: Using net TRUE
gpilotd-Message: Found 12ef, 0100
gpilotd-Message: Using net TRUE

And the palm stays at "connecting to the desktop using craddle/cable" until it times out.

Can anybody help me on this?

Thanks,
Tom