Re: Conduit enlightenment

On Sat, 2007-11-17 at 22:27 -0800, Nathan Owens wrote:
> As the other questions seem to be answered, I'll answer the MAL and
> file questions. MAL is the conduit to sync with AvantGo. Check out
> www.avantgo.com.

Which is vastly inferior to Plucker, and not just because I support the
latter project, and have for almost 10 years:

        1.  User-selectable compression ratios (none, doc, zlib)
        2.  No forced advertisements whatsoever
        3.  Works on all platforms (Linux, UNIX, Windows)
        4.  Multiple copies of the same content (5 days of daily news,
        for
            example)
        5.  Much smaller footprint, faster page rendering
        6.  Suports virtual silkscreen, afaik, AvantGo does not
        7.  Supports screen rotation
        8.  Supports superior fonts and third-party fonts (and there are
            free tools to convert or create your own)
        9.  Supports more devices (PalmOS, Zaurus, Windows Mobile,
        PocketPC,
            GTK+ desktop viewer)
        10. Supports much larger physical pages
        11. Supports clipboard, clipping URLs or page content
        12. Supports beaming of the content
        13. Supports custom icons, copy-protected content at build time
        14. Supports text, HTML, local and remote files (and other file
            formats [PDF, Microsoft Word, etc.] with other converters.
        15. Supports mailto: tags via standard Palm Mail application
        16. No limit on the number of documents you can carry (AvantGo
            limits the number of "channels" you can sync)
        17. Supports hardware buttons for navigation, autoscroll,
            customizable tap-action navigation, gestures. AvantGo does
            not.
        18. 100% FLOSS application, fully documented with a documented
            file storage format. AvantGo: proprietary and closed.
        19. Supports bold, italics, strikeout, underline, colored text,
            superscript/subscript. AvantGo supports basic bold and
            italics.
        20. Supports 16 languages in the viewer and distiller
        components.
            AvantGo supports... well, English.

...and so on.

--