Re: Help with palm

Ok,

don't worry about questions.

About the personal data in the pdb file, in the last mail I have not written all the output, after these strings there was my contacts data.

My palm is the LifeDrive model.

BTW, is it possible to tell me where is the code that do the parsing of fields?

Thanks.

Nathan Owens wrote:
--- Xavier Pegenaute <xpegenaute telepolis es> wrote:

Hi,

the message that I wrote you the first time is exactly the output of gpilotd. About my distro I am using OpenSuSe 10.2, but probably the evolution package is a testing version.

BTW, I tried to change my locale to en_EN.UTF-8, but it does not run ok anyway, the same problem.

I thought that may be can be useful to type "strings ContactsDB-PAdd.pdb", and the important output is this one:

PD: My palm language is English.

Based on the output from `strings`, it looks like something's wrong with
ContactsDB-PAdd.pdb. When I do that on my own database, I see all the
addresses, names, etc. that are in the database. What you're seeing is only the
fields that the database has.

The Evolution conduit actually uses the PalmOS 4 version of the database:
AddressDB.pdb. What do you see when you do run strings on that file? Pilot link
didn't support the new contacts database format until recently, and no one has
had the time to update the Evolution conduit to support the new format.

Also, what Palm model are you using?
I've also heard rumors that some PalmOS devices don't always copy the data in
ContactsDB-PAdd.pdb into AddressDB.pdb properly, or that it can get out of
sync.

Sorry to keep asking you questions, but I'm trying to figure out what's wrong
as I can't haven't found anything wrong with the code in Subversion yet.

Nathan

____________________________________________________________________________________ Pinpoint customers who are looking for what you sell. http://searchmarketing.yahoo.com/