Re: Help with palm

--- Xavier Pegenaute <xpegenaute telepolis es> wrote:
> >> The versions that I am using are:
> >> Address Conduit v.0.1.2
> >> gnome-pilot 2.0.14 starting...
> >> compiled for pilot-link version 0.12.1
> >> pilot-link 0.12.2
> >>

> > What version of Evolution are you running? Also, what is your charset? You
> can
> > usually find your charset by running "set | grep CHARSET" from a terminal
> > window.
> >
> > Based on what I've seen recently with the Evolution conduits and charsets,
> > wouldn't be surprised if that was the problem (and a bug in the EAddress
> > conduit).
> >
> > Nathan
> >

> Hi,
>
> I am using Evolution 2.8.3

Pilot-link 0.12 is not supported in Evolution 2.8.3, so far as I know. What
distribution are you using? Some may have back-ported the pilot-link 0.12 patch
to 2.8.3. However, I'd have to see the exact code that was compiled to figure
out what the cause is.

I've looked at the 2.8.3 conduit code in Subversion (svn.gnome.org), and can't
see anything wrong related to language or the character set. Everything is
being converted to UTF-8 as it should be.

You may also want to check out a previous e-mail on the list:
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-pilot-list/2007-May/msg00015.html. The
problem sounds similar, but I don't know if Matt's suggestions will help.

Nathan

Try the free Yahoo! Mail Beta.