Re: Sending mail

2007/1/31, R. Drew Davis <drewclist rdd name>:
But I gather your circumstances are different.     What mail software
are you using on the PDA?   Is there a reason why you want to channel
your outgoing mail through your PC?    What OS and so forth are you
running on your PC?

Sorry, I should have been clearer: I have an old Palm m500, which
relies on some software on the computer to send mail via smtp after
syncing. On Windows, Thunderbird does it fine. In Linux (Ubuntu
Dapper), gnome-pilot tries to send mail via the sendmail -t -i
command, and configuring an MTA to relay the palm mail to another smtp
server (the common case) or sending it via a direct smtp server (if
one's lucky enough to have it) isn't easy for most users.

I did configure postfix to relay the mail to an external smtp server,
it works, but I wanted to know if there was a simpler solution.

Thanks for your interest, in any case.

--
Adriano Varoli Piazza
The Inside Out: http://moranar.com.ar