Re: Sending mail

On Mon, 2007-01-29 at 10:35 +0100, Adriano Varoli Piazza wrote:
> Has anyone got an easier solution for sending mail from the palm than
> configuring sendmail/postfix/exim for it? I'm just interested in
> sending mail via an external smtp server, my computer has no MX and a
> dynamic IP.
>
> Thanks in advance for your help

I guess I don't understand the question.    I send mail from my Sony
TJ37.   My mail service provider (Aventure hosting) provides an SMTP
server with a nicely stable name and IP address so it wasn't much work
to set up the "CLIE Mail" configuration on the Palm end to use it over
Wifi.   Only occasion for misery is when the local ISP decides to block
access to off-network SMTP servers, but the workaround is to just change
the configuration to use the local ISP's SMTP server (and, of course, to
also make the appropriate changes to the username and password used to
access the SMTP server).   optonline.net is an example of an ISP that
seems to block access to any off-net SMTP servers.    Some days it seems
like Verizon has such blocks too, but they have denied any such intent
and lately the connections seem to be going through without trouble.

But I gather your circumstances are different.     What mail software
are you using on the PDA?   Is there a reason why you want to channel
your outgoing mail through your PC?    What OS and so forth are you
running on your PC?

Drew