Re: problem syncing on OpenSUSE 10.2

> More diagnostics...to rule it out as being gnome-pilot or
> gnome-pilot-conduits on the OpenSUSE 10.2,
> I grabbed the gnome-pilot-2.0.14 and gnome-pilot-conduits-2.0.14 from
> the garnome-2.16.2 tree
> and compiled these on my OpenSUSE 10.2 disk, installed them using the
> configure option used for
> the OpenSUSE 10.2 distribution as per the .spec file for each src pkg.
>
> I then copied from my OpenSUSE 10.1 home directory
> ~/.gnome2/gnome-pilot.d/* to my OpenSUSE 10.2.
>
> fired up the hotsync.sh script to launch the dund daemon and started
> gpilotd -d in a term window.
>
> It still crashes the phone.
>
> So, what does gnome-pilot (ala gpilotd) rely on that could be hosing the
> treo??

First of all, did you manage to sync several times in succession using
your 10.1 installation?  Are you certain that you are syncing all
conduits with 10.1, repeatably?  Do you have the same evolution data on
both systems, or at least non-trivial calendar/address data on 10.1?
Have you tried a 'synchronize' conduit setting instead of 'copy to pilot'?

If you are still getting the DmWrite error on your treo,
then as far as I can gather from info such as:
http://forumz.tomshardware.com/mobile/help-pls-reset-error-synch-T5-ftopict7905.html
the error is caused by palm-side bugs and should be triggered equally
on 10.1 and 10.2.

The bugs are supposedly in the layer that transparently intercepts calls
to the legacy (pre PalmOS 5.0) PIM databases and returns data translated
from the new, incompatible, OS5.0 data.  pilot-link and the Evo conduits
read/write old-style data, so they use this buggy interception code on the
treo.

The bugs are triggered by "deleted but not archived" records.  I guess if
you have records on the treo, and then do a 'copy to pilot' the conduit
deletes the records on the treo, which then get cleaned up by the buggy
code that has trouble.

You should check to see if there are any vendor updates for your treo.

Other things to try:

1. Try disabling all but one conduit, to see which conduit is causing
   the crash.
2. What if you delete all data on the Palm before a sync?
3. What if you do copy-from-pilot or synchronize instead of
   copy-to-pilot?
4. Have you tried following the dbscan instructions from DateBk5?
   For instance, if you can use dbscan to clean up the
   deleted-but-not-archived records, and then do 'copy-from-pilot',
   you may avoid the DmWrite crash.

Hope something in the above proves useful...

Matt