SLED 10 gnome-pilot doesn't communicate with my Treo 600

In a nutshell, pilot-xfer -p /dev/pilot -L works (I get a nice list of
all the DB's on my Palm) but gnome-pilot doesn't seem to do anything
during initial configuration.

When I run gnome-pilot I tell it my palm is on /dev/pilot, which it is,
and I have the necessary rights as I've changed udev to set permissions
of 777 on ttyUSB* devices.

Not sure what output to give, as no errors are produced. My phone simply
times out and there's no output past the point in the gnome-pilot applet
wizard where it tells me to turn on my palm device to read the user name
already stored on it.

Any help would be great.

Cheers,

--