Re: 2.0.15 ebuild help

On 1/1/07, Matt Davey <mcdavey mrao cam ac uk> wrote:

There are several reasons why gpilotd might fail to connect,
but it isn't easy to figure out from the info above.
It's usually worth firing up gpilotd and gpilotd-control-applet
from the command line (kill any running gpilotd first) so that
you can see any error messages.
I've searched all over (mustbe in the wrong places...) but cant find a
man or docs or help on running gpilotd or gpilot-control-applet from
command. Could you give me a URL for help with these commands? (I did
run gpilotd --help, but its alittle cryptic as to what does what)

Is it possible that you have some files left over from the old
gnome-pilot install?  If you have different installation directories
you could have a gpilotd linked against pilot-link 0.11.8 and a
gpilotd-control-applet linked against 0.12.1.  That wouldn't
be good.  Just a thought.

You where right here and I,ve now got all the conduits listed in the
tab of conduits on the settings dialogue

Does gpilotd-control-applet report any errors at the terminal
window?  What about gpilotd?  Does gpilotd react to the attempt
to sync?

Matt

--
Best Regards,