Re: Pilot Applet invisible/needed conduits missing

--- Simon Roberts <thorpflyer yahoo com> wrote:

> Well, it took a while to get to this again, but I started the control
> applet and enabled some conduits and they work. However, there's no
> conduit for calendar or address book. All I have are Backup, Expense,
> File, MAL, MemoFile, Sendmail, Test, and Time. So, while it took ages
> to synchronize (I think it copied a lot of files over!) it still
> doesn't get the calendar into Evolution, so we're still dead in the
> water.

You need to have the Evolution's gnome-pilot conduits installed. Gnome Pilot
conduits are stored in $PREFIX/share/gnome-pilot/conduits. For instance, the
file describing the EAddress conduit (sync Evo Contacts with PalmOS Contacts)
is named e-address-2.8.conduit, and is located in the conduits directory.

If you've installed the Evolution conduits, ensure that they're installed in
the same place that gnome-pilot is installed in. As an example, if you've
installed gnome-pilot in, say, /usr, and the conduits in /usr/local, then
gnome-pilot won't pick up the conduits and you won't see them.

Hope this helps,
Nathan Owens