Re: Further dev work?

On default Ubuntu 7.10, all I did to get my z22 working:
- make sure visor is loaded by: sudo modprobe visor
- also add it to /etc/modules for future use
- Select type: USB
- Dev: /dev/ttyUSB1
- Speed: buried under hotsync>connection setup>edit>details on the palm itself.
Enable the desired conduits (they're all disabled by default for some reason) and away you go.

I found the code for drag n' drop, as well as what I think are the gtk bindings nearer the bottom. I also skimmed through the basics of gtk here: http://www.gtk.org/tutorial/ Where exactly is the gnome_pilot_client_install_file that is being called? I searched through a couple of possible files but couldn't find it.

I noticed that lines 1292-1299 are commented out, and seem to refer to the ability to drag a text-file to the applet and have it install as a memo rather than a file. From what I understand about gnome-pilot, this doesn't sound too hard (maybe just extract the text and pass it to evolution as a new memo? is there an api for that?). Would this be a good basic project to help get me started, or is it more complicated then it looks?

Evan

On Dec 28, 2007 3:23 PM, David A. Desrosiers <desrod gnu-designs com> wrote:
On Fri, 2007-12-28 at 12:18 -0800, Reitsma, Rene - COB wrote:
> I mailed to this listserv some time ago when after a kernel update in
> July 2007 my Z22 stopped syncing. My mail generated some discussion
> which I have followed but I have lost track of whether or not anyone
> got the Z22 to work, and if so, how.

pilot-link 0.12.3 contains some fixes/workarounds that directly apply to
the Z22 issue.

If you aren't using the libpisock version mated to 0.12.3, then I would
strongly suggest building it and then building the necessary components
that work with it, and try again (or wait for someone to build packages
based on those versions and ship them to your distro's package
repository).

I know that the people with Z22 devices that tried these workarounds
have it working, so it should work for you as well.

--
David A. Desrosiers
desrod gnu-designs com