Re: Newbie questions

--- Pete Holsberg <pjh42 verizon net> wrote:

> Callum Macdonald keyed the following on 8/22/2007 7:51 PM:
> >  Hey Pete,
> >
> >  Second question first, yes you can pipe the output to a file from
> >  gpilotd. The command that works for me (it may not be the best way of
> >  doing it, but it does work for me) is this: /usr/bin/gpilotd >
> >  /path/to/some/file 2>&1
> >
> >  This pipes both the standard out and the error out to the file. I've
> >  read about how piping errors works, but I can't remember it all off
> >  the top of my head. I know that works for me!
>
> That sends stdout of gpilotd to the file (but it's not on the screen, is
> it?) and sends errout (2) to the same place as stdout (1)
> >
> >  First question second, you can setup gpilot to sync with Evolution,
> >  so you could view the data there.
>
> How does one do that? Running gpilotd in terminal doesn't give me a
> window with options.

Configuration is run through the gpilotd-control-applet application.

To run everything without using a command window (if you so desire), there's a
gnome-pilot applet that can be put in your desktop's panel. This definitely
works in Gnome, and I believe it's meant to work in KDE (I haven't tested it).

The applet allows you to control the daemon, gives you status while syncing,
and will launch gpilotd-control-applet.

Once gpilotd-control-applet is running, you will see a list of conduits. If the
Evolution conduits are installed, you will see EAddress, ECalendar, EMemos, and
EToDo in the list. Each one can be configured to sync with Evolution.

Nathan

Need a vacation? Get great deals
to amazing places on Yahoo! Travel.
http://travel.yahoo.com/