Re: Syncing one of multiple calendars

On Wed, 2007-08-15 at 00:06 +0100, Callum Macdonald wrote:
> G'day,
>
> Thanks for the great work on gpilot, it's a life saver for palm users
> like me who switched to Linux.

Now that's always a good opener :)

> I have 4 calendars in Evolution. Three local, one web. I've just got a
> new Treo 680 and I'm having the same problem that I had with my previous
> Treo 650.
>
> The calendar will sync once and only once. After that, I can't get data
> to move from the treo to the pc or the other way. I've tried
> "synchronise", "copy from pda", and "copy to pda" but none of the
> options have any effect on either my pc or my pda.

Weird.  The first thing to do is to start 'gpilotd' from a terminal
window.  That should let you see some messages indicating why the
conduit is running into problems.  To do this, remove the applet from
the panel (the little 'sync' icon that changes colour when syncing),
then open a terminal window and run '/usr/libexec/gpilotd', or
'/usr/bin/gpilotd'.  It might live somewhere else on your distribution,
I guess.

The other information that will be relevant is to tell us which
version/package of the following components you have installed:
gnome-pilot
evolution
evolution-data-server
pilot-link

That should be a good start.

Matt

Matt Davey		It takes one drink to get me drunk, but I can't
mcdavey mrao cam ac uk 	     remember if it's the 13th or 14th -- George Burns