palm appointments lose custom categories on sync with evolution

hi folks,

finally got my palm tx to sync with evolution!  feels great.  the only
issue seems to be that I've lost the category information for the
appointments I made on my palm.  though the category system is pretty
primitive (one per apptment), it's nonetheless crucial to the usefulness
of the palm -- when I look at my day, I see various colors telling me
what kinds of things I'm setup to do that day.  in evolution, thaat
information is doubly gone -- on the one hand, the categories don't get
transferred; on the other hand, when I do re-add the categories from
evolution, I don't see their colors show up in my view.

I guess the latter problem is strictly evo, but the former could be evo
or g-p, I'm not sure.  Or pilot-link, I guess.  Is this a known
limitation?

THanks,

Matt