Calendar conduit not loading?

This is my first time trying Palm syncing, and it's not working. I have the Pilot Applet loaded. When I press the hotsync button, the applet responds and briefly shows a dialog with a wildly racing progress bar, but Evolution never see's the Palm 700's calendar.

My guess is that the calendar conduit is not loading, but how can I tell? In Evolution->Synchronization Options->Conduits, I see Expense, MAL, MemoFile, Sendmail, and Time. I do not see calendar.

Fedora Core 5 ships gnome-pilot 2.0.13 which doesn't support network sync (which we require for our terminals), so I built gnome-pilot 2.0.14. Then, I noticed that Evolution provides the Gnome Pilot conduits, so I rebuilt it and EDS.

So, the pieces are:
- Fedora Core 5
- evolution-2.6.3-1.fc5.5
- evolution-data-server-1.6.3-1.fc5.2
- gnome-pilot-2.0.14-1.fc5
- pilot-link-0.11.8-12.4.fc5 on server
- pilot-link 0.11.8 on LTSP terminal
- Palm Treo 700

JPilot and pilot-link work fine (but they don't sync Evolution, of course). I noticed these two sync much more slowly than Gnome Pilot, so I think Gnome Pilot is not transferring as much data.

Andrew